Thursday, February 12, 2009
Thursday, January 01, 2009
"I saw few die of hunger; of eating, a hundred thousand."
- Benjamin Franklin
"The King who cannot rule his diet, will hardly rule his realm in peace and quiet."
- Passage from the "Rule of Health of Salerno", author unknown
"We never repent of having eaten too little."
- Thomas Jefferson
"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art."
- La Rochefoucauld
"He that takes medicine and neglects diet, wastes the skill of the physician."
- Chinese Proverb
- Your food shall be your medicine.
- Walking is man's best medicine.
- Natural forces within us are the true healers of disease.
- Everything in excess is opposed to nature.
- To do nothing is sometimes a good remedy.
- Prayer indeed is good, but while calling on the gods a man should himself lend a hand.
- It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has.
- Healing in a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.